- The better score at a hole of two or more players competing as a team: [as modifier]: a best-ball matchMore example sentences
- Play just two balls this time for nine holes, but instead of playing the best ball, play the worst.
- For non-golfing readers (if there are any), this means that all team members tee off, then the best ball is chosen and all players hit from that spot, and so on.
- Each of the three non-imaginary players gets Mrs. M. as a partner in one six-hole best-ball match against the other two, who play as a team, and everybody plays off Mrs. M's handicap, which is zero.
More definitions of best ballDefinition of best ball in:
- The British & World English dictionary