Definition of best of or in breed in English:
1The animal in a show judged to be the best representative of its breed.
- Tender loving care has saved the show career of Luna who won ' best of breed ' for the third year running at Crufts.
- Dog breeders Gary and Gill Gray were celebrating after their German Shepherd Lottie won best of breed.
- He is hotly tipped to be named as best in breed in the north of England by the end of the summer season next month.
1.1Any item or product considered to be the best of its kind: their technology is still considered best of breed, and demand for their products is still growing
More example sentences
- He is untouchable, Scotland's supreme champion, best of breed.
- It will also have to persuade firms of the merits of best of breed rather than all-in-one solutions.
- It's third-quarter 5.89 % total return also ranks it among the best of breed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan