- Before the usual or expected time; early: next morning I was up betimesMore example sentences
- People Rise Betimes to Quaff the Health-Giving Waters in Central Park.
- And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
- Up very betimes and walked (my boy with me) to Mr. Coles, and after long waiting below, he being under the barbers hands, I spoke with him, and he did give me much hopes of getting my debt that my brother owed me, and also that things would go well with my father.
More definitions of betimesDefinition of betimes in:
- The British & World English dictionary