Definition of betony in English:
noun (plural betonies)
1A Eurasian plant of the mint family that bears spikes of showy purple flowers.
- Stachys officinalis, family Labiatae
- It also comes with a free dime-bag of ‘nicotine-free smoking blend consisting of a mixture of wood betony, rosemary, thyme and lavender.’
- Peppermint, betony and sunflower teas can take a little milk.
- Bithwind Bindweed Bitony Wood betony, Stachys Betonica, known as bishopswort, highly popular cure although especially used for headaches.
1.1Used in names of plants that resemble the betony, e.g., wood betony.
- Cancer the Crab - June 22 - July 22, ruling the stomach peristalsis, lower part of the lungs, breasts, esophagus, diaphragm, liver, stomach: daisy, agrimony, alder, lemon balm, water lilies, rushes, cucumbers, squashes, melons, water plants, water betony, honeysuckle, hyssop, jasmine.
Words that rhyme with betonyAnthony
Definition of betony in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan