- The act of gambling money on the outcome of a race, game, or other unpredictable event: there was a good deal of betting on the races going onMore example sentences
- From the 1930s the states in turn legalised state lotteries and off-course betting on horse races, and introduced casinos for continuous gambling.
- There was some spirited betting on the outcome to the sixth race with steady support for at least four of the runners.
- The NBA wouldn't even allow Toronto to have a franchise unless legal betting on NBA games was abolished in the whole province of Ontario.
More definitions of bettingDefinition of betting in:
- The British & World English dictionary