Definition of bettong in English:
A short-nosed rat kangaroo found in Australia.
- Family Potoroidae: two genera, in particular Bettongia, and several species
- At the other end of the scale from the six large types mentioned above are the rat/rabbit-sized bettongs, potoroos and rat-kangaroos.
- It has got wetland, it's got dry forest full of rabbits, bettongs, bandicoots, and there's lots of roadkill and sheep farming.
- Tragically though, sanctuaries like this are becoming the only place to see creatures such as bilbies, bettongs and bandicoots.
early 19th century: from Dharuk.
Definition of bettong in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan