preposition & adverb
- archaic term for between.More example sentences
- Having ridden the old bike over 20 years and 10,000 miles I didn't even have to think when and how to change gear and could slalom betwixt taxi and bus with graceful and flowing curves.
- We all know about pheromones, the chemicals that supposedly float betwixt us carrying certain messages, such as sexual availability.
- I hope that the following conversation betwixt some of my neighbours underscores my proposed scheme.
betwixt and between
- • informal Not fully or properly either of two things.More example sentences
- Expectations are rising now, and people are kind of caught betwixt and between.
- Are you confident, or are you betwixt and between?
- In terms of immigration, the president is somewhat betwixt and between.
Old English betwēox, from be 'by' + a Germanic word related to two.
More definitions of betwixtDefinition of betwixt in:
- The British & World English dictionary