1A grooved ring holding the glass or plastic cover of a watch face or other instrument in position.
- Frosted bezels (grooved rings) have been added to control knobs on many of the new season's models to update the look and to allow for easier cleaning.
- Also, the silver bezels around the instruments reflect passing street lights and this produces distractions.
- Instead, the touch screen device only covers the bezel, leaving users with a bright, clear on-screen image.
1.1A groove holding the crystal of a watch or the stone of a gem in its setting.
- He fingered the silver, tracing the bezels that held the three blue stones upon it.
- First the stone had to be placed in the bezel cup, a cup of the purest silver available that was sized exactly for the stone's dimensions.
- The stones may be faceted or cut in cabochon and set either in bezel mountings or with prongs.
Late 16th century: from Old French, of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with bezelembezzle
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of bezel in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.