Definition of bezique in English:
1A trick-taking card game for two, played with a double pack of 64 cards, including the seven to ace only in each suit.
- Ana called, ‘I was just asking Alexei if he wanted to play bezique.’
- In the United States the most popular form is the two-handed game, known as rubicon bezique, in which four 32-card packs are shuffled together.
- Bezique in its original version was soon taken up by the UK and became an extremely popular game in the mid-Nineteenth Century.
1.1The holding of the queen of spades and the jack of diamonds in this game.
- The Queen of spades and the Jack of diamonds is the bezique. Simple bezique values in 40 points. Double bezique values in 500 points.
- A double bezique scores 500 only if all four cards are declared together.
- In like manner, a card which has once figured in "Bezique" cannot be used to form part of a second Bezique, though it may be used to score Double Bezique.
Words that rhyme with beziqueantique, batik, beak, bespeak, bleak, boutique, cacique, caïque, cheek, chic, clique, creak, creek, critique, Dominique, eke, freak, geek, Greek, hide-and-seek, keek, Lalique, leak, leek, Martinique, meek, midweek, Mozambique, Mustique, mystique, oblique, opéra comique, ortanique, peak, Peake, peek, physique, pique, pratique, reek, seek, shriek, Sikh, sleek, sneak, speak, Speke, squeak, streak, teak, technique, tongue-in-cheek, tweak, unique, veronique, weak, week, wreak
Definition of bezique in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.