Definition of bezique in English:
1A trick-taking card game for two, played with a double pack of 64 cards, including the seven to ace only in each suit.
- Ana called, ‘I was just asking Alexei if he wanted to play bezique.’
- In the United States the most popular form is the two-handed game, known as rubicon bezique, in which four 32-card packs are shuffled together.
- Bezique in its original version was soon taken up by the UK and became an extremely popular game in the mid-Nineteenth Century.
1.1The holding of the queen of spades and the jack of diamonds in this game.
- The Queen of spades and the Jack of diamonds is the bezique. Simple bezique values in 40 points. Double bezique values in 500 points.
- A double bezique scores 500 only if all four cards are declared together.
- In like manner, a card which has once figured in "Bezique" cannot be used to form part of a second Bezique, though it may be used to score Double Bezique.
Definition of bezique in:
- British & World English dictionary