Entry from British & World English dictionary
- More and more bhais and behens are living in different cities - even continents.
- They called themselves bhagi bhai (rebel brother) and claimed that well dressed people out there in society were the safed daku (white bandit).
- Bimal is acclaimed as one of India's best midfielders, while his younger bhai Birendra is a forward.
1.2 (-bhai) Added to proper names to form an affectionate form of address to an older person: Abdulbhai
More example sentences
- However, the joy of being corrected by his five-year-old whenever he deliberately falters over his bedtime prayers is compensation enough for Altaf bhai.
- Kanu bhai once even made a three-hour movie of Gandhiji.
- Azhar bhai seems to be suing every person who says his name!
From Hindi bhāi, based on Sanskrit bhrātṛ 'brother'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.