- 1Having or functioning on two levels; arranged on two planes: the unit’s bi-level design keeps water in the sinkMore example sentences
- The supplemental reds can be regarded as a nod to Newman's ‘zips,’ but they also create a bi-level arrangement that recalls the window shape of another riposte to the conventions of picture-making, Duchamp's Large Glass.
- Apart from English and Maths, in many schools it is probable that the new Advanced Higher will be taught in bi-level classes with some students following Higher courses and others following Advanced and the teacher teaching both.
- Daikichi has two bi-level conveyor belts, each about 20 feet long, with hot food like gyoza or heated firm tofu on the top belt under heat lamps, and cold food on the bottom belt.
- 1.1North American Denoting a style of two-story house in which the lower story is partially sunk below ground level, and the main entrance is between the two stories; split-level.More example sentences
- Laugh Lounge will be a bi-level bar/lounge waiting area on the ground floor and 130-person seating capacity performance space downstairs.
- The bi-level condo features two full bathrooms, a small outdoor deck and hardwood flooring throughout.
- Z Rooms, for example, have high vaulted ceilings and skylights; Marina Rooms have unimpeded views of Sydney Harbour and spacious bathrooms; while Lunar Loft Rooms are bi-level and have an entertaining area and upstairs bedroom.
- 1.2Denoting a railroad passenger coach or a bus with seats on two levels.More example sentences
- I also noticed a Virginia Railway Express consist with the new bi-level cars, similar to Tri-Rail in Florida.
- Tri-Rail operates train sets of 3 or 4 bi-level commuter cars pulled southbound by F40PHL - 2 or F40PHC - 2c locomotives.
- The Kentucky Cardinal operates with bi-level Superliner equipment and will offer passengers both coach and sleeping car service.
nounNorth American Back to top
- A bi-level house: a three-bedroom bi-levelMore example sentences
- Not that many years ago, all computer data center landscapes featured the equivalent of ranch houses, bi-levels and colonial homes, Evanko says.
- Very affordable housing in this area with a good mix of bi-levels, split-levels and two-story homes.
- Unfortunately, most bi-levels tend to have windows below the main living room window, and it is almost criminal to cover those windows.
More definitions of bi-levelDefinition of bi-level in:
- The British & World English dictionary