(also blue bice or bice blue)
- A medium blue pigment made from basic copper carbonate.More example sentences
- Blue bice was used in watercolors and distemper during the 17th and 18th centuries. Our blue bice is made according to an English recipe of the 18th century.
- Blue bice, however, has also been used to refer to the pigment produced from grinding the copper carbonate mineral azurite.
- Houses may be done with red lead; the tiles with vermilion or bice to represent blue slate.
Middle English (originally in the sense 'dark or brownish gray'): from Old French bis 'dark gray'.
More definitions of biceDefinition of bice in:
- The British & World English dictionary