(also beedi or biri /ˈbērē/)
noun (plural bidis)
- (In South Asia) a type of cheap cigarette made of unprocessed tobacco wrapped in leaves.More example sentences
- Two new types of tobacco products that are increasingly being used by teenagers and young adults are cigars and small flavored cigarettes called bidis.
- History of smoking, duration and number of cigarettes / bidis smoked/day, height and weight were evaluated in each subject.
- Similar regulations regarding other health-impairing tobacco products which have been on the market for centuries, together with cigarettes and bidis should also be reinforced.
from Hindi bīḍi 'betel plug, cigar', from Sanskrit vīṭikā.
More definitions of bidiDefinition of bidi in:
- The British & World English dictionary