Definition of big cat in English:
Any of the large members of the cat family, including the lion, tiger, leopard, jaguar, snow leopard, clouded leopard, cheetah, and cougar.
- Panthera and other genera, family Felidae
- I worked with the big cats, lions, cheetahs, and eventually the tigers.
- But a new survey suggests that the country may now be home to wild leopards, pumas, and other big cats.
- It boasts more than 500 species of birds and 200 of mammals, and there is even a chance of seeing that most elusive of big cats, the jaguar.
Definition of big cat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.