- (In an engine) the end of the connecting rod that encircles the crankpin.More example sentences
- Taking the view that if it could be done on petrol and diesel engines, it ought to be possible to totally enclose the valve gear, so the middle connecting rod and big end disappeared into an oil-bath.
- Irreparable damage had been caused to the A7 rocker gear, cylinder head, cylinder liner, piston, connecting rod, big end bearing and the trombone.
- Has he ever listened to himself on the subject of crankshafts and big ends?
More definitions of big endDefinition of big end in:
- The British & World English dictionary