- Scientific research that is expensive and involves large teams of scientists.More example sentences
- And pure academic research and big science attract an even different personality type.
- Earth science is mostly small-scale and dispersed, whereas big science and medicine have bigger, more cash-rich installations with more money to devote to telling the world how worthwhile they are.
- PAUL VANOUSE has been working in emerging technological media since 1990, critically exploring the intersections of big science and popular culture.
More definitions of big scienceDefinition of big science in:
- The British & World English dictionary