(in full American bighorn sheep)
A stocky brown North American wild sheep, found especially in the Rocky Mountains. Also called mountain sheep.
- Ovis canadensis, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- Wild populations of bighorn mountain sheep are carefully managed in North America for hunters who want a chance to shoot a ram with a trophy set of horns.
- See wildlife such as bison, elk, mountain goats and bighorn sheep.
- You will see playful herds of antelope, moose and elk, bighorn sheep and bounding deer along with a plethora of smaller creatures carrying on their daily tasks unimpeded.
Definition of bighorn in:
- The British & World English dictionary