- The property of being divisible into symmetrical halves on either side of a unique plane.More example sentences
- With few exceptions, animal color patterns show a high degree of bilateral symmetry in shape of pattern elements.
- Ours, however, is closed along the plane of bilateral symmetry, resembling the two closed valves of a bivalve rather than being flattened.
- Exhibiting external bilateral symmetry about a vertical midline, the human body consists of two enantiomorphs - the right and left sides.
More definitions of bilateral symmetryDefinition of bilateral symmetry in:
- The British & World English dictionary