historical An item of legislation (prohibited by the US Constitution) that inflicts attainder without judicial process.
- No doubt that these acts of attainder have been abused in England as instruments of vengeance by a successful over a defeated party.
- Parliament made acts of attainder one day, and reversed them almost on the next.
- The constitution of Georgia does not expressly interdict the passing of an act of attainder and confiscation, by the authority of the legislature.
- Congress enacted a bill of attainder against him after gatekeepers called for his head.
- An analysis under the applicable standards for a bill of attainder show that this is clearly what the statutes are.
- It is a bill of attainder. disgusting for the congress to attempt to adjudicate an individual case.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.