- An item of legislation (prohibited by the US Constitution) that inflicts attainder without judicial process.More example sentences
- No doubt that these acts of attainder have been abused in England as instruments of vengeance by a successful over a defeated party.
- Parliament made acts of attainder one day, and reversed them almost on the next.
- The constitution of Georgia does not expressly interdict the passing of an act of attainder and confiscation, by the authority of the legislature.
More definitions of bill of attainderDefinition of bill of attainder in:
- The British & World English dictionary