An item of legislation (prohibited by the US Constitution) that inflicts attainder without judicial process.
- No doubt that these acts of attainder have been abused in England as instruments of vengeance by a successful over a defeated party.
- Parliament made acts of attainder one day, and reversed them almost on the next.
- The constitution of Georgia does not expressly interdict the passing of an act of attainder and confiscation, by the authority of the legislature.
- Congress enacted a bill of attainder against him after gatekeepers called for his head.
- An analysis under the applicable standards for a bill of attainder show that this is clearly what the statutes are.
- It is a bill of attainder. disgusting for the congress to attempt to adjudicate an individual case.