- A detailed list of a shipment of goods in the form of a receipt given by the carrier to the person consigning the goods.More example sentences
- After I had scrutinised the bills of lading regarding the ship's freight, I could not find any nuclear material on board.
- As already foreshadowed, the substantive claim relates to goods shipped under the bills of lading, all of which were issued by CSAV between May and August 2000.
- But the clause is not intended to be used if there is no disagreement between the Master and the shipper as to the proposed description of the cargo in the bills of lading.
More definitions of bill of ladingDefinition of bill of lading in:
- The British & World English dictionary