Definition of bimillenary in English:
Of or relating to a period of two thousand years or a two-thousandth anniversary.
- He also promised to continue carrying out the Second Vatican Council, ‘in the wake of my predecessors and in faithful continuity with the bimillenary tradition of the church.’
- It may be suggested, then, that the bimillenary birth date might be, say, April 1 of the year 1999.
- Those undertakings and others to follow present a fitting preparation for the bimillenary occurrence of an event which links heaven to earth and individuals and peoples with each other.
noun (plural bimillenaries)Back to top
A period of two thousand years or a two-thousandth anniversary.
- Icons, bibles, paintings, sculptures and other objects serve as resonant symbols of the religion that marked its bimillenary in the year 2000.
- In 1937 and 1938 marked the bimillenary of the birth of Caesar Augustus.
- Under the editorship of Professor Robert L. Cleve, PhD, OAF, KCR, the issue begins with his outstanding study of the inscriptions and illustrations from the 1937 issue of postage stamps from the Italian Kingdom celebrating the bimillenary of the birth of the Emperor Augustus.
Definition of bimillenary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan