Definition of bindi-eye in English:
A small perennial Australian plant of the daisy family that has a burlike fruit.
- Calotis cuneifolia, family Compositae
- It should be, when a patch of bindi-eye would pose a bigger threat than the Hastings defence.
- The bitumen melted on the road outside and stuck to our thongs - it was the first summer I remember I actually chose to wear shoes - even the bindi-eyes burnt through your calluses.
- Despite last night's rain, the coarse grass, infested with patches of burrs and bindi-eyes, crunched under her sandaled feet, the wetness flicking up on her legs, itching her skin.
Early 20th century: perhaps from an Aboriginal language.
Definition of bindi-eye in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.