(Of a substance) having a biological effect.
- Polyethylene glycol is also widely used as a suppository base, to make solid dispersions in order to enhance the solubility of drugs and for the modification of proteins and bioactive substances.
- Analysis of a variety of bioactive proteins contributing to human health is a potential future application of the HSS software package as well as multifunctional PCS.
- Glanbia's lactoferrin (branded Bioferrin (R)) is a bioactive milk protein, which has been shown to facilitate immune enhancement, intestinal health and overall wellness.
- Example sentences
- In this frequency range, one needs to minimize liquid water but sufficiently hydrate the sample for bioactivity, native conformation.
- This is an unusual example of a blocked phase transition (collapsed to monolayer form) inhibiting bioactivity.
- In these studies extracts were prepared from gut tissue and assayed for insulin immunoactivity or insulin specific bioactivity, such as increased glucose uptake.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of bioactive in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.