Definition of bioadhesive in English:
An adhesive substance produced by or obtained from living organisms, or used on living tissue.
- This is going to need stitches but I can do the rest with bioadhesive.
- J. Herbert Waite, of the University of Delaware in Lewes reported on the role of marine bioadhesives and their tantalizing spectrum of potential technical applications.
- At the moment, there is a significant need of a suitable bioadhesive for use in medical procedures.
adjectiveBack to top
Having the properties of a bioadhesive: bioadhesive polymers
More example sentences
- In other words, chitosan is bioadhesive and readily binds to negatively charged surfaces such as mucosal membranes.
- A bioadhesive tablet containing the antifungal drug miconazole is an effective and convenient means of treating oropharyngeal candidiasis.
- We found that the daily bioadhesive buccal tablet achieved the same efficacy as the gel, but required one-tenth as much miconazole, and could be given on a much more convenient schedule.
Definition of bioadhesive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan