- A large collection of biological or medical data and tissue samples, amassed for research purposes: biobanks are a powerful tool in the study of complex diseasesMore example sentences
- But it is no use muttering about Luddism when people are simply asking how society will gain from new medical technologies or biobanks.
- The same healthbanks could act as clearing houses for biobanks, other healthcare resources and IT-intensive databases held in public-private partnerships.
- Unlike the Health Sector Database, the biobanks will not be maintained as one centralized bank.
More definitions of biobankDefinition of biobank in:
- The British & World English dictionary