Definition of biocatalyst in English:
A substance, such as an enzyme or hormone, that initiates or increases the rate of a chemical reaction.
- Functioning as biocatalysts, enzymes increase and control the rate of chemical reactions.
- He wanted to create a biocatalyst, using enzymes to try and find applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Critical to the success of this technology is a bio-transformation process step, using an enzyme biocatalyst.
- Example sentences
- Organic solvents have been widely used as solvents in biocatalytic reactions due to all known advantages that such media offer.
- In addition, our group is currently developing combined chemical / biocatalytic systems in novel solvents, allowing the use of reactive intermediates as substrates for enzymatic catalysis.
- Enzymes produced by extremophiles (bacteria and fungi living in harsh conditions) are also highly exploitable in the biocatalytic industry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan