1The branch of science concerned with the chemical and physicochemical processes that occur within living organisms.
- Interdisciplinary sciences such as biochemistry and social psychology would also have to be included.
- This does not mean, however, that chemistry, biochemistry or atomic physics are in some way giving us a false picture of reality.
- To achieve this aim it draws on biology, biochemistry, engineering, mathematics and computer science.
1.1Biochemical processes: abnormal brain biochemistry
More example sentences
- The physiotypes are physiological life forms as delineated by comparative physiology, biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology.
- Such errors are not surprising, given the many differences that exist between species in terms of their anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and metabolism.
- Despite the far-ranging scope of earlier work, aspects of germination and conversion physiology, and biochemistry in somatic embryos remain unexplored.
Words that rhyme with biochemistrychemistry, photochemistry
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of biochemistry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.