Definition of biocide in English:
1A poisonous substance, especially a pesticide.
- Some biocides are considered pesticides, and some States require that only registered pesticide applicators apply these products in schools.
- Often referred to as non-agricultural pesticides, biocides encompass a wide range of applications including disinfection, preservation and pest control.
- Chemical biocides are regulated by EPA under Federal pesticide law.
2The destruction of life: our whims have brought us to the brink of biocide
More example sentences
- The delusion of separateness has engendered not only suicide, homicide, and genocide, but has pushed us to the brink of biocide, the destruction of the earths life support systems themselves.
- Concerning the biocide of the earth, who do we owe for our actions?
- Biocide is the ultimate of all human moral violations because it is the destruction of all life on Earth.
- Example sentences
- It is tolerant of a wide range of environmental conditions and surface coating types including biocidal antifouling paints and non-toxic foul-release coatings.
- Directive of the European Parliament and Council of 16 February 1998 concerning the placing of biocidal products on the market.
- Some of the high-tech tools now in the works include wall paints that kill bacteria, sports clothing that kills bacteria and eliminates odors, biocidal toothbrushes, and a robot that will clean up after you!
Definition of biocide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia