- 1A poisonous substance, especially a pesticide.More example sentences
- Some biocides are considered pesticides, and some States require that only registered pesticide applicators apply these products in schools.
- Often referred to as non-agricultural pesticides, biocides encompass a wide range of applications including disinfection, preservation and pest control.
- Chemical biocides are regulated by EPA under Federal pesticide law.
- 2The destruction of life: our whims have brought us to the brink of biocideMore example sentences
- The delusion of separateness has engendered not only suicide, homicide, and genocide, but has pushed us to the brink of biocide, the destruction of the earths life support systems themselves.
- Concerning the biocide of the earth, who do we owe for our actions?
- Biocide is the ultimate of all human moral violations because it is the destruction of all life on Earth.
- More example sentences
- It is tolerant of a wide range of environmental conditions and surface coating types including biocidal antifouling paints and non-toxic foul-release coatings.
- Directive of the European Parliament and Council of 16 February 1998 concerning the placing of biocidal products on the market.
- Some of the high-tech tools now in the works include wall paints that kill bacteria, sports clothing that kills bacteria and eliminates odors, biocidal toothbrushes, and a robot that will clean up after you!
More definitions of biocideDefinition of biocide in:
- The British & World English dictionary