Definition of biocomputer in English:
1A hypothetical computer based on circuits and components formed from biological molecules or structures that would be smaller and faster than an equivalent computer built from semiconductor components.
- Also, as the fledgling DNA computer solved problems in far fewer steps than a conventional computer, the researchers expect biocomputers to be capable of dealing with problems of greater complexity while using less space.
- These same mechanisms would also be available to a multicellular biocomputer.
- Can biocomputer engineers cope with all the distinctive failure modes of living organisms - disease, predation, parasitism, senescence, death?
1.1A human being, or the human mind, regarded as a computer.
- Why spend long years on the analytical couch exhuming buried memories when you can just reprogram your biocomputer with a few autosuggestive commands?
- We are the bosses of our own biocomputers, we program them - do what thou wilt…
- Try and see if you can silence these voices either by attempting no-mind meditation or imagining these voices as a stereo hook up to your biocomputer so you can experiment with turning them down in volume and then to Mute.
Definition of biocomputer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia