Definition of biocomputing in English:
1The design and construction of computers using biochemical components.
- Biocomputing is an interdisciplinary research area which links biology, computer science and engineering.
- He currently works for European Molecular Biological Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany, in the area of biocomputing.
- They are difficult creatures to grow in a lab, so being able to collect them from the ocean helps his research - research that one day could allow for such ‘natural batteries’ to be incorporated into biocomputing functions.
1.1An approach to programming that seeks to emulate or model biological processes.
- With this interpretation of biocomputing the complicated ethical questions connected with concepts like artificial life and intelligence are not dealt with.
- A bevy of activity in biocomputing is concerned with the formal representation and reasoning about biological pathways.
- Research areas include: adaptive agent simulation; adaptive computation; biocomputing; and social networks modeling.
1.2Computing in a biological context or environment.
- Even the name of the field varies: Bioinformatics, theoretical biology, biocomputing, or computational biology are just a few of the terms used.
- The book is an essential source of ideas, discoveries and references for academics in biocomputing, bioinformatics researchers and computer scientists.
- An expert in computational biology is moving to Canada to take up a new chair in biocomputing, specializing in bioinformatics, at Wilfrid Laurier University.
Definition of biocomputing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia