Definition of bioenergetics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
1The study of the transformation of energy in living organisms.
- The applications in photosynthesis are still scarce despite the unique opportunity given by the fully controllable energy input of plant bioenergetics.
- Those studies could, in turn, facilitate additional investigations in paleoclimatology, evolutionary studies, paleoecology, and bioenergetics.
- These studies are likely to provide insights to possible mechanisms of proton transfer in complex proteins involved in bioenergetics.
2A system of alternative psychotherapy based on the belief that emotional healing can be aided through resolution of bodily tension.
- The other document described ‘bioinformation’ such as telepathy, precognition and clairvoyance and bioenergetics like psychokinesis and telekinesis.
- It covers resistance training; bioenergetics; muscular, nervous and cardiovascular system adaptations as well as basic training systems and programs designed to enhance strength, power and endurance.
- Stephen Kane is ex-Director of the Institute for Advanced Health Research, which pioneered new bioenergetic techniques for overcoming allergy-related illnesses and their associated chronic infections and environmental stresses.
- Example sentences
- Consequently, animals have evolved intelligence systems that function, first and foremost, as predictive bioenergetic cost/benefit analysis systems.
- More specifically, the energy requirements of nestlings can be used in a bioenergetic model of the bioaccumulation of toxicants that incorporates growth, energetics, food intake, and assimilation efficiency.
- We used a bioenergetic model to estimate the metabolic rate, or activity level, of nest-guarding smallmouth bass in Lakes Erie and Opeongo.
Definition of bioenergetics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia