- The fouling of pipes and underwater surfaces by organisms such as barnacles and algae.More example sentences
- An understanding of the nature of the zoospore adhesive and the mechanism of its adhesion may provide clues for the prevention of the destructive biofouling that characterizes this organism.
- Thus, in contrast to biofouling organisms, settlement and metamorphosis are probably not tightly coupled, as megalopae can move between sites before metamorphosis.
- In most biofouling organisms, settlement and metamorphosis are so tightly coupled that there is some debate as to whether they are actually separate processes.
More definitions of biofoulingDefinition of biofouling in:
- The British & World English dictionary