An organism whose status in an ecosystem is analyzed as an indication of the ecosystem’s heath.
- Raptors can play an important role as bioindicators of habitat quality and pollution.
- Read about Bill Baker's research into lichen-rock interface biology or the use of lichens and lichen-feeding moths as bioindicators of air pollution.
- Burger and Gochfeld provide a thorough discussion of the utility and limitations of using seabirds as bioindicators of pollutants.
- Example sentences
- However, symptomatic bioindication utilising higher plants may not always assist in the protection of vegetation.
- We further focus on the conceptual improvement and the development of new approaches in bioindication by using functional groupings and life history traits in assessment procedures.
- As a lot of primary and secondary physiological processes are involved, the physiological responses usable for bioindication could be numerous ranging from molecular level to pollen functioning.
Definition of bioindicator in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.