- Relating to biology; biological: there is growing interest in the biologic activities of plant extracts in the treatment of diseaseMore example sentences
- A relatively new approach associated with biotech therapeutics uses in vitro diagnostic assays to predict if a drug or biologic product would be effective in treating a particular patient.
- People who smoke are influenced by multiple interconnected factors, including behavioral, social, environmental, psychological, genetic, and biologic factors.
- Relatively lower cortisol levels following trauma may constitute a biologic risk factor for PTSD.
noun(usually biologics) Back to top
- another term for biological (noun). these natural biologics can be as potent as manufactured drugsMore example sentences
- The process has worked well for some straightforward drug-device combination products, but for more complex products, particularly those involving biologics, it has faltered.
- "If you could combine the proven benefits of device therapy with the emerging potential of biologics, you may be able to completely rework the way we think about disease therapy."
- Finally, to make matters even more complicated, products that meet the definition of a biologic also meet the definition of a drug.
More definitions of biologicDefinition of biologic in:
- The British & World English dictionary