- 1The total mass of organisms in a given area or volume.More example sentences
- Harvest index was measured as the ratio between root weight and total biomass.
- However, it has increased the grain yield potential and thereby the ratio of grain mass to total above-ground biomass or harvest index.
- Total biomass was also increased relative to controls by the end of the experiment.
- 1.1Organic matter used as a fuel, especially in a power station for the generation of electricity.More example sentences
- The proposal has the added bonus of reducing greenhouse gas emissions through the use of biomass to generate electricity.
- The use of biomass electrical generation is hardly the environmental boon it's made out to be.
- He also sees huge potential for biomass fired electricity in the West of Ireland.
More definitions of biomassDefinition of biomass in:
- The British & World English dictionary