Definition of biometeorology in English:
The study of the relationship between living organisms and weather.
- He received a doctorate in biometeorology from Leeds University in 1981 and it was during his study there that he met Mandy, whom he married at a ceremony at St James's Church, Hebden Bridge, in 1980.
- Though preliminary, scientific studies back up the notion that weather affects your health, says a biometeorology professor at Utah State University in Logan.
- Pollen flight, hypersensitivity to changes in the weather, UV-radiation and also the bioclimate and air quality are just some of the aspects of human biometeorology.
- Example sentences
- ‘The ICNIRP assessment ignores the large volume of epidemiological and biometeorological studies that do show adverse health effects.’
- What are the biometeorological factors which influence carbon dioxide exchange and the energy budget?
- We have carried out several experiments, and developed several analytical techniques following and surpassing our objectives on the biometeorological aspects of our projects.
Definition of biometeorology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan