- Relating to or denoting synthetic methods that mimic biochemical processes.More example sentences
- Having tried to design nanosystems for almost a decade, he recently turned to biomimetic principles (mimicking nature) with promising results.
- Polymers play an important role in many biological systems, so a fundamental understanding of their cross-links is crucial not only for the development of medicines but also for the development of biomimetic materials.
- This concentration effect was also observed in biomimetic systems.
- More example sentences
- Supported lipid bilayers are popular as model systems for cell membranes and are promising for future applications in diagnostic devices and biomimetics.
- Against this backdrop, it is easy to see why several funding agencies have expanded the area of research in biomimetics - in particular, biomimetic electromagnetic sensing.
- Building a scorpion based on biologically derived design principles is the basis of a new discipline called biomimetics, or the mimicking of nature.
More definitions of biomimeticDefinition of biomimetic in:
- The British & World English dictionary