Definition of biopharmaceutical in English:
A biological macromolecule or cellular component, such as a blood product, used as a pharmaceutical.
- The second area where we have enormous strength is in our core technical competencies, which enable us to conduct effective product development in pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, and devices.
- Biotechnology is expected to contribute massively to the global economy, largely through the introduction of recombinant DNA technology to the production of biopharmaceuticals.
- These new GM crops, known as biopharmaceuticals, or biopharms for short, produce industrial and pharmaceutical chemicals within their tissues.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to biopharmaceuticals, or their preparation, use, or sale: biopharmaceutical proteins the biopharmaceutical industry
More example sentences
- SmithKline Beecham decided on Singapore, rather than Australia, to build a $100 million biopharmaceutical plant.
- Nationally, approximately 1,400 biopharmaceutical companies are developing - by the industry's own count - perhaps 350 drugs.
- The firm plans to construct a biopharmaceutical manufacturing centre in Ringaskiddy, Co Cork, creating an estimated 330 jobs.
Definition of biopharmaceutical in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.