- A vitamin of the B complex, found in egg yolk, liver, and yeast. It is involved in the synthesis of fatty acids and glucose. Also called vitamin H.More example sentences
- Another feed may list 12 percent crude protein, 7 percent crude fat, and lysine, methionine, biotin, vitamin E and thiamin levels on the tag.
- On the other hand, there are examples of algae that require other vitamins like thiamine and biotin.
- Interaction has been measured in this way for ligand-receptor pairs of biotin and avidin, complementary DNA pairs, and antigen-antibody pairs.
1930s: coined in German from Greek bios 'life' + -in1.
More definitions of biotinDefinition of biotin in:
- The British & World English dictionary