- An early type of aircraft with two pairs of wings, one above the other.More example sentences
- These are fearless people who are strapped to rigs on the top wing of a 1940s biplane while the aircraft performs a sequence of loops, rolls and turns in front of air show crowds across the country.
- At a time when American airliners were all-metal monoplanes, the Navy stuck with biplanes with fabric-covered wings.
- The Wildcat is a cross-over from the biplane to the monoplane fighter.
More definitions of biplaneDefinition of biplane in:
- The British & World English dictionary