- The musical vocalizations of a bird or birds, typically uttered by a male songbird in characteristic bursts or phrases for territorial purposes.More example sentences
- The usual explanation for birdsong is that the birds are singing to attract mates or to announce the limits of their territory.
- The clear tones of birdsong emerge from internal air sacs that can inflate and deflate, much like a bagpipe's bladder.
- Ornithologists also know something about how birdsong is produced.
More definitions of birdsongDefinition of birdsong in:
- The British & World English dictionary