- Again, as a direction in a musical score indicating that a passage is to be repeated.More example sentences
- An alternate way to designate the repeat of a two-measure phrase is the use of word bis (meaning twice) centered in brackets over the phrase.
- If a short passage of two or three bars is to be repeated then the phrase itself might be highlighted with a line with square ends lying above the bar and the word bis in the middle of the line.
- For short passages of a bar or so,the word Bis is used.
via French and Italian from Latin, literally 'twice'.
More definitions of bisDefinition of bis in:
- The British & World English dictionary