- 1The chemical element of atomic number 83, a brittle reddish-gray metal. (Symbol: Bi)More example sentences
- Along the way, these disintegration series produce radioactive isotopes of protactinium, thorium, actinium, radium, francium, radon, astatine, polonium, bismuth, lead, thallium and mercury.
- This area proper is a prominent Chinese mining district known as the Xianghualing polymetallic ore field, and it consists of numerous deposits of tin, tungsten, molybdenum, bismuth, copper, lead, and zinc.
- These include lead, aluminium, arsenic, mercury, cadmium, gold, bismuth, antimony, and beryllium.
- 1.1A compound containing bismuth used medicinally.More example sentences
- Helidac is another medicine that combines bismuth and two antibiotics.
- Gastritis, duodenal and gastric ulcers may be infectious diseases treatable by antibiotics and by the 100-year-old medicine bismuth.
- Another medicine that coats the stomach is called bismuth.
mid 17th century: from modern Latin bisemutum, Latinization of German Wismut, of unknown origin.
More definitions of bismuthDefinition of bismuth in:
- The British & World English dictionary