Definition of bismuth in English:
1The chemical element of atomic number 83, a brittle reddish-gray metal. (Symbol: Bi)
- Along the way, these disintegration series produce radioactive isotopes of protactinium, thorium, actinium, radium, francium, radon, astatine, polonium, bismuth, lead, thallium and mercury.
- This area proper is a prominent Chinese mining district known as the Xianghualing polymetallic ore field, and it consists of numerous deposits of tin, tungsten, molybdenum, bismuth, copper, lead, and zinc.
- These include lead, aluminium, arsenic, mercury, cadmium, gold, bismuth, antimony, and beryllium.
1.1A compound containing bismuth used medicinally.
- Helidac is another medicine that combines bismuth and two antibiotics.
- Gastritis, duodenal and gastric ulcers may be infectious diseases treatable by antibiotics and by the 100-year-old medicine bismuth.
- Another medicine that coats the stomach is called bismuth.
Words that rhyme with bismuthSidmouth • azimuth
Definition of bismuth in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia