Definition of bison in English:
noun (plural same)
A humpbacked shaggy-haired wild ox native to North America and Europe.
- Genus Bison, family Bovidae: B. bison of North American prairies (also called buffalo), and B. bonasus of European forests (also called wisent), now found only in Poland. These are sometimes regarded as a single species
- Today the wood and plains bison in North America are the only surviving populations.
- From North America came squirrels and raccoons, bears and bison, eagles and an elk.
- Elks and bison, it seems, adapted better to the new landscape than mammoths and horses.
Definition of bison in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India