Definition of bistort in English:
A Eurasian herbaceous plant with a spike of flesh-colored flowers and twisted root that is sometimes used medicinally.
- Genus Polygonum, family Polygonaceae: several species, in particular P. bistorta
- Common wildflowers are a pink-flowered and a white-flowered bistort, Arctic shooting-star, three kinds of buttercups, Parrya nudicaulis, and Langsdorf's lousewort.
- However, if this is done before July, many beautiful wild flowers, such as melancholy thistle, wood cranesbill and bistort, which are special to limestone uplands of the north, are mown down before they can seed.
- It was mid-day and I thought the stroll would be better in the evening, the softer light heightening the delicate pink of the bistorts and though there might be more people the traffic noise would be less.
Definition of bistort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia