noun (plural bistros)
- A small restaurant.More example sentences
- You can stay in a hotel or inn in Old Quebec, enjoy a myriad of restaurants, bistros, sidewalk cafes, and yet you are only 40 minutes away from the great outdoors.
- Together they roam Paris, from cafe to cafe, neighborhood to neighborhood, restaurants, bars, bistros, the nightlife and underbelly of Montmartre.
- Adjacent to the main pool area will be one of the largest seafood restaurants and bistros on Chaweng Beach, with the opening of a 250 seat, 1,200 sq m Talay Boat Restaurant.
1920s: French; perhaps related to bistouille, a colloquial term meaning 'bad alcohol', perhaps from Russian bystro 'rapidly'.
More definitions of bistroDefinition of bistro in:
- The British & World English dictionary