Definition of bitstream in English:
1A stream of data in binary form.
- A psycho-acoustical encoder psycho-acoustically encodes the second audio signal and outputs a second bitstream and a second bit rate possessed by a second bitstream.
- To effect the manipulation and associated re-creation of the data flow, time slots need to occur at the same relative rate in the bitstream.
- Each quality layer represents an incremental contribution (possibly empty) from the embedded bitstream associated with each code-block in the image.
1.1 (Bitstream) trademark A system of digital-to-analog signal conversion used in some audio CD players, in which the signal from the CD is digitally processed to give a signal at a higher frequency before being converted to an analog signal.
- Some of the next generation of Bitstream CD players and digital decoders, including the Meridian 603 and 606 converters, will incorporate this new chip.
- What characterizes well-designed bitstream CD players is the absence of the metallic hardness that often marred the sound of low-cost CD players.
- In the days before Bitstream, CD players came with impressive labels like 16x4 (16-bit/four-times oversampling), PEM (Pulse Edge Modulated), PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) and Multi Stage Noise Shaping (MASH).
Definition of bitstream in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan