Definition of bittercress in English:
A plant with small white flowers that grows widely as a weed of temperate areas, especially in damp soils.
- Genus Cardamine, family Brassicaceae: several species, in particular the Pennsylvania bittercress (C. pensylvanica) of North America
- Some weeds, such as chickweed, common groundsel, and bittercress, may germinate and grow at almost any time of year.
- Canlamine impatiens L., the narrowleaf bittercress, is an annual or biennial herb native to Eurasia that has become naturalized in many parts of the eastern United States.
- The woods contain an area of rare wet woodland - a government priority habitat - featuring rare marsh marigold and bittercress.
Definition of bittercress in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan