- Of, containing, or of the nature of bitumen.More example sentences
- In 1937 the first cationic surfactants were used in bituminous road construction and these were quaternary ammonium salts.
- It was also postulated that the slow settling of organic material from the surface produced the bituminous carbonate layers known as oil shale.
- Neither uses bituminous tars or asphalts, neither requires painting, and both age to beautiful patinas.
mid 16th century: from French bitumineux, from Latin bituminosus.
More definitions of bituminousDefinition of bituminous in:
- The British & World English dictionary