- Black coal having a relatively high volatile content. It burns with a characteristically bright smoky flame.More example sentences
- Only in this region do the reserves of anthracite and bituminous coal exceed the reserves of sub-bituminous coal and lignite.
- The Tertiary coal of northern Thailand is classified according to coal rank as lignite to bituminous coal.
- This is largely due to a combination of factors including our weather, the eradication of smoky bituminous coal in many urban areas during the 1980s and the early 1990s and the introduction of unleaded petrol.
More definitions of bituminous coalDefinition of bituminous coal in:
- The British & World English dictionary